Sunday, August 9, 2009

Turkey Stroganoff

It has been a LAZY summer in the kitchen. Today my good friend Annie reminded me that its been just about forever since I last updated this blog, so I decided to make one of my favorite meals tonight to give her, and all of you a new post. I am hopeful that as summer winds down I will find myself back in the kitchen and sharing some more yummy recipes.

The recipe tonight is one that my mom has been making for as long as I can remember, and was a frequent request of mine on my birthday. I have tweaked it just a bit to make it healthier (sorry mom!) but the taste of it has not changed a bit and it is still one of my favorite dishes. It can be served over egg noodles or rice, and tonight we went with noodles.



Ingredients
  • 8oz extra wide egg noodles or 1 cup rice
  • 1lb lean ground turkey breast
  • 8oz low fat sour cream (fat free is too watery, be sure to use low fat)
  • 1 can low sodium/low fat cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can low sodium/low fat cream of celery soup

Directions

  1. Cook the noodles.
  2. Meanwhile, brown the turkey in a large skillet and drain when cooked through.
  3. Add the sour cream, cream of mushroom, and cream of celery. Mix well.
  4. Reduce heat to a simmer, and heat through.
  5. Serve over the noodles or rice.

Super easy, and super quick! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janis Albright said...

Sounds delicious Kristina... Any new meals to try out soon?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin