Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feta Stuffed Chicken

This is one of my favorite dishes! This is another one I found last summer when we began our new diet, and I apologize for not remembering my source. It is such a yummy meal though, and perfect for a light summer evening. Ever since I made this I have frequent requests from the hubby for things involving feta, (although he may kill me for publicly mentioning that).

Although we didn't enjoy it with it this time, a great side with this meal is the cranberry feta salad I blogged about a few weeks ago.

Ingredients
  • 1lb chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup garlic and herb feta cheese
  • 1 1/2 tsp margarine, melted
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place each chicken breast half in between two sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap or wax paper. Flatten to 1/4 inch thick (this is my favorite part :) ).
  3. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
  4. Spoon 1 tbsp of cheese into the middle of each piece of chicken and roll.
  5. Place chicken breasts (seam side down) into a square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
  6. Drizzle margarine over chicken.
  7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 160 degrees.
I hope you try this amazing dish, and please comment and let me know what you think of it!

2 comments:

D and G Stories said...

I have made something similiar, and it came out really dry...because chicken and feta are both fairly dry ingredients I think. Does this happen to you? Maybe I overcooked? (I was using an old stove at the time.) Fill me in on your secret!

Kristina said...

I haven't had that issue. I use a thermometer every time I cook chicken and it makes a HUGE difference. I have something similar to this: http://tinyurl.com/y55l6z. I like the long probe because you can keep it in the chicken while its in the oven. If you take the chicken out between 160 and 165 degrees, its cooked perfectly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin